The EIC has announced the second edition of the Overseas Trade Fairs (OTF) programme, the scheme enabling EIC beneficiaries to showcase their innovations at important international trade fairs. The OTF 2.0 will be launched by Jean-Eric Paquet, Director-General of DG Research and Innovation, during an online event on June 17, 2021
Register for the launch event here .
About the EIC OTF 2.0
The OTF 2.0 Programme is running throughout 2022 and 2023, offering EIC beneficiaries the opportunity to attend 15 international trade fairs in different sectors across four extra-EU markets (China, South-East Asia, the United Arab Emirates and the United States of America). Specifically, the OTF calendar is as presented below:
- CES International (Consumer Technology), 5-8 January 2022, Las Vegas (USA)
- Arab Health, 24-27 January 2022, Dubai (UAE)
- Asia Water Expo, 29-31 March 2022, Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
- BIO (Biotech), 13-16 June 2022, San Diego (USA)
- FIME (Med-tech), September 2022, Miami (USA)
- CIIF (Industrial), 20-24 September 2022, Shanghai (China)
- TechInnovation, September 2022, Singapore
- CMEF (Medical equipment), October 2022, Shenzhen (China)
- GITEX (Technology), October 2022, Dubai (UAE)
- CES International (Consumer Technology), 5-8 January 2023, Las Vegas (USA)
- China MED, March 2023, Beijing (China)
- IExpo (Cleantech), April 2023, Shanghai (China)
- BIO (Biotech), June 2023, Boston (USA)
What’s in store for you
The new programme builds on the positive experience of the OTF Pilot Programme which ran in 2017 and 2018 and involved 204 SMEs, generating business opportunities for €26 million. Similarly to the OTF 1.0, the new scheme will award beneficiaries with small grants (reimbursement up to €1,000), business mentoring and the opportunity to:
- Showcase their innovative technologies, products and services at the EU-EIC Pavilion.
- Connect with leading entrepreneurs in the industry and top business mentors.
- Explore high-quality leads, including partnerships and business opportunities.
- Learn and share knowledge during workshops, preparatory training sessions with market experts and constructive debates.
More information on the launch event and the EIC OTF 2.0 programme can be found in the official EIC press release.